Working for GeoCat
GeoCat is an innovative and fast growing international company. We have a unique market position in the world of geographic information sharing. Our highly qualified team assists governments around the world with technologies and knowledge that help to share their data following international standards. Our passion is in sharing, collaborating in a global community, sustainable development, working on quality and above all: we love maps!
We are continuously looking for talented people who would like to redefine their borders. Even if we don’t have any explicit vacancies at the moment, please feel free to send an open cover letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offerWe offer a dynamic working environment in a fast growing company. We invest in opportunities for growth as a company and in our employees. We offer a remuneration package in balance with your level of experience.
Current Job opening:
Technical System Administrator of a Linux/Java/Tomcat environment
Job descriptionResult oriented system administrator with a passion for open source software. As system administrator you are responsible for the maintenance of complex environments. This is done according to preset service levels to ensure uninterrupted operation of the system. You participate in the maintenance of software, you are responsible for the existing infrastructure and the deployment of new applications. You have an active role in analysing and preventing problems and disruptions as they occur and of course in resolving them. It is important that you can communicate at every level within an organization. Incidentally you can be asked to work outside of office hours.
- Education level: Bachelor or Master degree
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with maintenance of Java applications
- Experience with the roll-out of Linux / Tomcat environments following continuous delivery principles
- Thorough knowledge of platforms such as Docker, Cloud Foundry en OpenShift
- Open source minded
- Language skills: totally fluent English and/or Dutch
- Affinity with maps, sharing geographic information and sustainable development is also preferable